Quick poll here.
What’s the first thing you do when you drag your ass out of bed in the morning? i.e. is it coffeee? computer? dirty diaper?
Here’s my routine, in quick, easy-to-read point form for efficiency sake.
1. disentangle myself from random kid in my bed (who would have snuck in in the middle of the night to launch a full body assault with her feet)
2. pee (had to be said)
3. hit the on button on my computer while simultaneously checking texts on the iphone.
4. gently and I mean GENTLY wake up 11 year old bear in the other room.
5. listen patiently to myriad of excuses why said bear cannot attend school today.
6. listen patiently to why bear needs to be woken up earlier in order to do her hair. (NB – early attempts to wake up bear have been met with profanity and violence)
7. get weigh-laid by massive hugging session with smaller version of bear who is not quite in bear stages in the morning yet.
8. (this one changes from day to day) make breakfast or yell at bear to get the hell out of bed, or instruct smaller bear in the art of dressing. Any number of things can happen in this moment and whatever it is usually sets the tone for the remainder of the day.
9. give up on bear and check computer.
9a. google analytics + entourage (simultaneously)
9c. divahh.com (erase all stupid spammy comments)
9e. sometimes I get around to Facebook
10. remind bears that teeth will fall out if ignored. This comment is often met with derision but they grudgingly acquiesce when reminded of impending Dentist visits. hee hee.
11. subtly suggest that homework, notices, library books, snacks should be included in the backpack BEFORE leaving the house.
12. kick bears to the curb for their 2 min walk to school.
13. sigh with relief…pause…
14. WORK! (the easiest part so far!)
K, send a comment with your routine. This should be fun!