When you drop weight fast with a program like Isagenix it’s a bit of a shock.
You wake up in the morning, expecting to see the you you’re used to then BAMB! there’s this skinnier version of you staring back from the bathroom mirror.
It’s cool in a way because you don’t have time to be hyper-critical of how you look. You know the game right?
“If I lose 20lbs I’ll be happy”. Then you drop the 20 through massive hard-work and sacrifice and you manage to find something else to be unhappy about.
“Oh look, now that I’ve lost some weight I have knee wrinkles”. (or a chin wattle, or extra elbow skin or, the mack-daddy of all women’s weight loss complaints…wait for it…swinging, saggy arm fat!)
So far, I haven’t done that. I made a promise to myself when I was 166lbs that when I lost 20lbs I would marvel at my new bod and be happy with myself. I’d cut myself some slack and be proud that I had finally made the effort to do something about the way I looked.
And guess what? It’s working! I AM happy. I AM proud. I AM 25lbs lighter than I was 7 weeks ago. That’s a shit-load of weight! That’s beginning Biggest Loser weight loss on an end-of-show Biggest Loser frame!
So suck it little voice inside my head that used to stand in the way. You’re an asshole anyway and I’m not listening to your nonsense anymore.
I’m heading out to yoga now to train the little voice some more. I think that the whip and chair that I’ve been using to get that lil voice in line has worked wonders. I also think that training said lil voice is the key to success in all things you do.
If you want to learn more about how I dropped the tonnage read some of the dieting (yuck) posts on this site and please feel free to email me or leave a comment. I’m pretty good at responding!
Ok, here it is Day 30 on the Isagenix cleanse and I’ve lost 18 lbs and I don’t even know how many inches (mostly because I’ve been so chuffed about the poundage lost that I don’t really care about inches. Although it must be significant because all my size 10 clothes fit now.)
If you’re thinking about trying the cleanse but haven’t pulled the trigger yet I would highly suggest it.
Here’s a quick list of some of the benefits that I have noticed this month:
1. everyone I see comments on the fact that the whites of my eyes are super bright white. (weird but a telling sign of good health)
2. Oh yah, I’ve lost 18lbs!
3. All my gorgeous, expensive clothes that haven’t fit in 18 months now fit and are a bit loose!
4. I have been able to do 18 straight days of yoga and feel really zen and happy.
5. I’m not yelling at my kids.
6. I’m not thinking about how fat I am, freeing my mind to think about more important things like how to get silly putty out of a fleece jacket.
7. My productivity has gone through the roof.
8. So has my creativity.
9. I plan my meals and cook very healthy dinners with my kids.
10. I look so friggin’ hot right now that a guy that I used to like (and who sent me the “I’m kinda seeing someone now” text even though we had been flirting for quite some time. Guess I wasn’t the only one) dropped his jaw in the schoolyard the other day (yes, I pick up at school, so what of it?! Don’t mock me!
11. My hair is bloody fantastic!
12. Did I mention I lost 18lbs?
Ok, enough with what it did for me. Here’s the deal, I make absolutely no claims that Isagenix will work for everyone. It has done wonderful things for me but, then again, I am diligent and committed. People who aren’t will not get the same results.
If you want to try it or read more about it click on the link on the right side of my blog and it will take you to my Isa home page.
I’m going to post some photos on here in the next few days (once I figure out how to post from the iphone